Welcome to our very first blog!
We thought it would be useful to provide some information regarding how effective Mediation can be in resolving your dispute. The benefits have well been proven although there are many misconceptions surrounding the process of Mediation so let us look at some of the advantages.
1. Mediation is accessible and available now
2. It puts you in complete control
3. The process is both flexible and collaborative
4. Mediation is cost effective and can save tens of thousands of pounds
5. It is time efficient
6. Most mediations conclude quickly and often within a day
7. Typically the process is much quicker than going to court
8. The process is strictly confidential
9. Outcomes are not in the public domain
10. It is highly successful and works!
Facts about mediation
A 2018 study by Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) shows that the commercial mediation profession saved businesses around £3 billion a year in wasted management time, damaged relationships, lost productivity and legal fees. Instead of taking a dispute to court ready for a fight, mediation helps everyone involved to find a common-sense solution.
The average mediation lasts just over one day and can be set up in a matter of days. Around 75-80% of cases settle on the day of the mediation itself and another 10-15% settle shortly after. According to the Mediation Audit this means this gives this form of dispute resolution a success rate of 86%.
Mediation has an extremely high success rate with 86% of all cases being settled. The process allows the parties to negotiate their own settlement, giving them control of the entire process. Mediation is more flexible, cheaper and quicker than going to court.
All Data provided by CEDR – Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution. CEDR’s 2018 study “The Eighth Mediation Audit”